Thread: How do i push software out to user profiles on domain

How do i push software out to user profiles on domain

As I couldn’t find any solution in another forums and therefore posting this thread and hope you will help me. So I’m trying to locate out how i am able to push new software out to machine/user profiles from my server on a domain. I am doing this for the first time as administrating a domain so can you assist as I don’t have enough idea regarding this one.

Re: How do i push software out to user profiles on domain

First of all , I would like to say that you are able to deploy software by means of Group Policy, but for this , you require a MSI package. Also to suggest further, I will tell you that you can make use of BMC BladeLogic Client Automation .

Hey , I was also having similar type of questions . as this topic relates to me, I need to inquire that if the environment is small how is will be able to achieve, for example for around 6 workstations.

as well, I have made an installation of some software, and though it is simply availed for the used I made an installation of it on, and need to say that how we are able to with no trouble create this accessible to all users, without having to install for each account. Can you suggest some hints.

It is said correctly by the previous post that to solve your issue , you have a strong requirement of an MSI package. And to state further in your topic, the problem is that you don't have the msi package for each program. Which indicates you must create it by yourself and according to me, if you create an MSI package for each program , you will not be able to gain time, which I assume as 100% sure. When you consider programs like Office , they are ready with MSI package, but not regarding other programs.

Using the MSI package you will need to deploy a group policy. You need to assign specific software to a specific machine. You can even install the software for a specific user in the group. This means that you can restrict the use of specific software according to the position of a person in a group. If the software is assigned for specific machine then, the software will be available to all users using the machine it is targeted to. Same software can also be published only for a single person specifically mentioned by the administrator of the group.

To create a group policy object, click on the Start button, go in the administrative tools and select ‘Active Directory Users and Computers’. Right click the domain name and expand the tree corresponding to it. Now select the properties of context menu. Now in the group policy tab, click on New policy and create a new policy. Name it and set the parameters. The security parameters can be applied in Security tab. Click on ‘Apply Group Policy’ and it will apply default settings. Click on Ok and it will be applied.