Thread: Force user log off settings on Windows 2008 R2

Force user log off settings on Windows 2008 R2

I have comprised and set an logon hours on a users profile and am endeavoring to force that user to log off subsequent to 8pm via GPO. I have encompassed and gone into network security settings and position the alternative to force logoff subsequent to logon hours expire additional than even after doing gpupdate /force on the pc concerned then it acquires to the time and then tranquil does not log off the system. If I manually log off then endeavor and log back in then I had acquire the message saying that there is a log on restriction violation so the logon hours section is working. Be able to anybody suggest why this part of the GPO might not be working.

Re: Force user log off settings on Windows 2008 R2

According to my knowledge, the policy Network security, Force logoff when logon hours terminate is a system policy, so this policy be supposed to be linked to an OU where those system reside. And the policy is position to enable by defaulting. Please run gpresult/z to collect the policy applied to the system and for additional analysis, and in addition, please search the event logs for additional associated messages.

If I physically log off then endeavor and log back in then I acquire the message saying that to facilitate there is a log on restriction contravention so the logon hours > segment is working, it’s the force log off part that with the intention of does not play ball. Did you cautiously read the explanation. This setting has to be defined at domain level to be effectual for domain member systems.

I have comprised and set the alternative of force user log off in the defaulting domain policy as well as the GPO I had generated to lock down additional settings too so I am a diminutive confused why it is not working as the entire the additional configured settings in the GPO are working extremely well.

Have you had a search commencing from side to side the event logs and not be able to observe anything relating to this additional than messages saying that to facilitate folder redirection might not be applied and that with the intention of there might be an additional log file to explain it. Merely other entry was one saying that the policy might not be applied at the same time as the user was logged on corresponds to my utilizing gpupdate /force.

The policy belongs to system policies, so give pleasure to run GPRESULT/Z utilizing your built-in administrator account. So that, most of the users might be able to make sure whether the policy was applied to the system or not. As there is no error messages in the event logs, so I might approximating suggest you add a innovative system account to the domain, and create an innovative GPO through the Force logoff policy configured, and logon to the computer commencing from side to side the account which have logon hours set.

Have not had a chance to attempt the policy through an additional apparatus yet other than here is the gpresult /z run through the local administrator account. If I run it whilstlogged in as the user and "run as administrator" as most of the users recommend then I acquire the message saying that to facilitate the user administrator has no RSOP data. As you be able to observe, it appears that the policy is being applied to the system.