Thread: Some time the printer get disappeared from the gpo in windows server

Some time the printer get disappeared from the gpo in windows server

Most of them have encompassed a hundred or so public systems on campus that to facilitate and necessitate utilizing a common printer on our Windows 2008 print server. The printer is pressed via the systems group policy. This runs the majority of the time. On the other hand, approximately 10% of the time, the printer does not productively install. This seems to occur in bunches, so for a half an hour things might be alright, and then for the subsequently 10 minutes, no one logging in to these systems has an installed printer. When this occurs, most of them observe an error in the Event Log, Event ID 513, Group Policy was not capable to add per computer connection "ourprintserver\ourprinter" Error code 0xa.

Re: Some time the printer get disappeared from the gpo in windows server

This be able to happen if the name of the printer correlation is incorrect, or if the print spooler not be able to contact the print server. Why might this be occurring randomly. And does anybody be familiar with where/how I might facilitate a number of verbose event logs on the server or client side to debug this problem. There are no additional than events to view by defaulting in the client event viewer. Service and examined and facilitated the admin and operational logs, and they did not display several events, warnings, information in sequence, or otherwise regarding this connection error.

I assume you have encompassed 2008 R2. The print server generally does not have comprised several logs for an error on the client. This is the error C:\>winerror 0xa 10 ERROR_BAD_ENVIRONMENT <--> No NTSTATUS matched. I assume the event essentially logged \\ourprintserver\ourprinter. If it truthfully did not have encompassed previous to the server name, it sounds approximating something is receiving truncated. Does the print driver ever acquire installed when you hit this failure.

Yes, you are accurate, the event essentially logged \\out printserver\our printer the print driver does not acquire installed when most of them hit this failure. Furthermore, when this issue is occurring, I have commencing from time to time attempt to physically connect to the printer, by going to start - > run - > and typing in \\ourprintserver\ourprinter I determine to then acquire the windows dialog box through this information in sequence after a minute: Add Printer Connect to Printer - > Windows not be able to connect to the printer. Operation failed through error 0x0000000a.

Throughout this time the print server is absolutely up and running, pingable, capable to remote desktop into, additional than it determine to not respond to printer correlation attempts at least commencing from the client system. It starts working the entire in excess off again subsequent to more than a few minutes; as in, I be able to go to start - > run - > and type in \\ourprintserver\ourprinter, and it productively installs the driver and connects exclusive of error. I not be able to locate several logging to tell me why this is occurring, or if it is a problem on the client or server side.

The fact that with the intention of the 513 event fires and to facilitate the information in sequence is correct acquires us to the HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Printers\correlations portion or HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Print\Providers\Client Side Rendering Print Provider. There was an previous problem in Windows XP when Fast User Logon was facilitated where the printer correlations attempts occurred previous to the network was totally online. I have encompassed and not seen this on Vista or Windows 7 additional than just throwing it out there.

I suggest when you hit the problem the entire in excess off again have the user execute a gpupdate /force commencing from side to side the command line. This be supposed to refresh the policy and trigger the spooler correlation creation. The client spooler does send the processor data commencing from the client to determine if with the intention of print driver is obtainable on the server. Generally the client sends x86, the server give the impression of being for the driver and sends it if it's there or informs the client to facilitate the driver is not on the server.

I determine to endeavor to execute a gpupdate /force when this happens the entire in excess off again. Most of them are merely utilizing 64-bit machines at this position, working with Windows 7. This meticulous driver is for a Dell 5330, non-universal, even though the predicament determines to occur through other printer drivers as well. To endeavor and narrow the issue down, I have eliminated the printers commencing from group policy, and most of them are at present pushing them through a user login script in powershell.