Thread: Global Address List vs. Outlook 2007 in Exchange server

Global Address List vs. Outlook 2007 in Exchange server

Here is my configuration. Exchange 2007 SP1 on Server 2003, migrated from Exchange 2003 early this year. 97% of clients are Outlook 2003 and Exchange Mode caching enabled. Other clients are Outlook 2007 and also Exchange Mode caching enabled. The bug weird: I create a new user in AD. All my clients are Outlook 2003 users in this new global address list them without problem. All my users who use Outlook Web Access also see this new user. All my clients Outloook 2007 does not see this new user. Now if I turn off the Cached Exchange Mode client 2007, the user will be seen in GAL. I deleted the file and reboot the Outlook.ost reactivated the cached Exchange mode and again, that user no longer appears. I found all my new user created in recent weeks does not appear on all Outlook 2007 clients that have Exchange Mode caching enabled. If you have any assumptions, suggestions or solutions then let me know. Thank you for your generous contribution.

Re: Global Address List vs. Outlook 2007 in Exchange server

Outlook 2007 clients primarily use the address book in standalone mode! I understand that the function of Exchange Mode setting Outlook 2007 client cache at the global address list contains a bug. I have users that have been created for nearly two months and still do not appear when the cached Exchange Mode is enabled on the Outlook 2007 client. The test carried out earlier this week has been on a brand new job fresh out of this box. At that time, the solution for me would be returning to the Outlook 2003 client to maintain a global address list in the cache that would be faithful to that server or let the Outlook 2007 client in standalone mode.

This suggestion is interesting because cons are not a solution for a user who has tasted at the interface of Outlook 2007 client and may need to be cached for some reason. Ah yes, the end user is always right, give it a nice tool and it protects like a dog protecting his nose. Try to remove it and you will hear the grunts up. Thank you for that suggestion, I keep on hand in case I could not find the source of this problem. It will be better if you can provide any other solution for this problem. I will be waiting for the related response from other users.

You can also force a registry key global research in the global list of Exchange server, rather than the ATO. The ATO must be accessible by http clients to 2007. I am saying this because I was also facing similar kind of issue. To be more precise I have same problem but the reverse at home. Ok for customers 2007 and 2003 kb for certain customer. One more thing I would like to ask you that have you tried deleting the file outlook.ost directory of the user (to do once the client configured for ''Online''). 2003 at stations on the problem, did you try another profile?

If ever you find a track to your problem, do not hesitate to let me know, even if the client version is not, these symptoms seem identical. And on my side, if I find something I will share with you. In the meantime, here's what I did to show new users in the address book of the user. In the Outlook client, I open the address book via Tools, Address Book''...'' (Ctrl + Shift + B), then I was on tools and optional address book . In ''Show this address list first:'' I opened the drop-down list and select the object and all users clicked “OK”. Now when the user selected a recipient, instead of pointing to the global address list, it points to the user list ''All'' and new uses are shown. It is certainly not a solution to the problem, but this little intervention allows me to postpone research later. I do not know if this option is not viable in your environment, but you can always try.

If Outlook 2007 users do not see correctly the GAL in cached mode and the problem disappears in online mode the problem is clear from the ATO. With Outlook 2003 users connect to the ATO by the public records. With Outlook 2007 the connection is in Web mode. You can verify that the service "Exchange File Distribution Service" of the CAS server is a good start (I already had the case where the service was not). Also make sure the OAB is configured for web distribution mode (from memory in the properties of ATO / Distribution and enable the distribution web.) Conversely if the problem arises only for Outlook 2003 users must enable the boxes to the version of Outlook.