Thread: Problem with trash on a Windows Server 2008 R2

Problem with trash on a Windows Server 2008 R2

We used as a Terminal Server 2003 and Windows 2008 R2. The domain is already on Windows 2008 R2. The user has a home drive on which all folders Umgeletiet. The Group Policy, which is the folder with the redirect already created by MMC Server 2008 R2. Unfortunately, you can set through Group Policy to configure the Recycle Bin is not much? The setting of the trash now provides that the data is immediately deleted. I can put on the registry (via GPO) the value for the custom size, but not that the radio button "Custom size" is enabled. The settings are stored in the key with the GUID of the folder under HKLM \ Software \ Microsft \ Windows NT \ CurrentVersion \ Explorer \ BitBucket \ know folder in the registry. However, the entry "NukeOnDelete" is provided with each new sign of 0 to 1. Can Someone help or tell me how to do that?

Re: Problem with trash on a Windows Server 2008 R2

With the MMC on Server 2008 R2 has been created. It was never even in 2000/2003. The folder redirection is an own client side extension. It would be perfect when it could configure> script or a custom ADMX file. You have 2008, so use the Group Policy Preferences. After installation of the 943 729 work on the 2003. I am sure that this will definitely help you to solve the issue that you are facing. If you are facing any other issue then do let me know about that. I will try to resolve the issue if it is possible for me. Anyways try to do following things and I am sure this will definitely solve the problem that you are facing.

Thanks for the quick reply. Now I am not sure if you understand the problem that I am facing. The folder redirection works in Windows 2008 R2 and in Windows 2003. What is not working, that the files under the TS 2008 R2, for example, be deleted on the desktop will be moved. You will be irrevocably deleted. The option of your trash is indeed set, but as the only change? The setting with the NukeOnDelete and the other options do with Group Policy Preferences. That would be the ADMX something if it is available already, and you could then Stuer about the options to the Recycle Bin.

I am also facing similar kind of problem and for solving that I have taken these steps. In the GPO deleted everything that has to do with the settings of BitBucket. > No visible effect, Created By "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE \ SOFTWARE \ Microsoft \ Windows \ CurrentVersion \ Explorer \ BitBucket \ @" just like "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE \ SOFTWARE \ Microsoft \ Windows \ CurrentVersion \ Explorer \ BitBucket" the key NukeOnDelete with the value 0 > no visible effect "Do not move deleted files tot h Recycle Bin" is disabled "Display confirmation dialog when deleting files" is enabled. Maximum size allowed Recycle Bin is enabled to one percent.

While the setting "Display delete confirmation dialog" for the GPO to work, seems to be no way to work, to configure the recycle bins in the different paths. The "Custom size" can be configured not easy. That is, configure, it can be, but after the departure and sign the settings reset. Maximum size will be accepted. It is always set, but the other paths are indeed made on a SAN. I suspect that there lies the problem. To me it seems as if an internal mechanism to reset the values again and again. Can you or someone else to help further. Someone knows the right way to configure the Recycle Bin.

I have just found that it is activated after a long time in the properties, select "Custom size". Two hours ago, this was not the case. Will now check how after an hour to narrow the time. But if someone has a clue why it takes so long, I would be very grateful. Windows-component/Windows-Explorer: Deleted files do not move to the Recycle Bin = Disabled. When I look at the POL file to, then the system creates a Instructions to delete "NoRecycleFiles" and not "NukeonDelete" I would say that the latter is for XP/2003 but not for Win7