Thread: Outlook 2007 client keeps asking to authenticate with Exchange server 2007

Outlook 2007 client keeps asking to authenticate with Exchange server 2007

In recent days, my Outlook 2007 clients is continuously asking for authentication ("Password required") to stay connected to Exchange server. I have not made significant changes since the installation of Exchange server and this problem did not exist then. Outlook Web App (OWA) works normally. My Outlook 2003 clients do not have this problem! I do not want to go back to the previous version of outlook that is outlook 2003. Thank you for helping me to solve this problem. I will be waiting for the related reply.

Re: Outlook 2007 client keeps asking to authenticate with Exchange server 2007

I am not sure, but these kinds of problem are normally caused due to the problem in service pack. You just need to ensure that your Microsoft outlook is in service pack 1. It will be better to remove the IPv6 Exchange server for that you have to uncheck the IPv6 registry key and then reboot the system so that the changes can take place. It's a known bug corrected with post service pack one or the Rollup4. You can try installing direct Rollup4, personally but I have not tested it personally. Do not forget to check the authentication servers CASE. If you want you can find the key for removing IPv6 on web.

The solution for this problem is deactivation of the distribution's web address those are book offline (Organization Configuration and then to Mailbox and then to Address Book tab offline and then to Global Address Lists Offline and then to Distribution Tab). I am saying this because I was also facing similar kind of problem and since this was done, the problem disappeared. If there is anyone else who is facing similar kind of problem then follow these simple steps that I have mentioned above. I am sure that you will not face this kind of problem.

I understand that the problem came from the address book offline (ATO) which raised concerns the distribution web. It is a very common problem. Archiving in Exchange Server 2010 - understand the mechanisms to manage email retention policy and ensure conformity with corporate policies or legal constraints - is a topic of great interest. Currently the online archive is accessible from Outlook 2010 and OWA 2010. A recurring request from users is whether the archive will eventually be accessible from Outlook 2007. However we can be confident because functionally access is already available so the archive appears in Outlook 2007 on an environment day.

I work on Exchange 2007 based on a server2008 with a valid certificate and auto discover enabled. I have no desire to synchronize an Exchange account via Outlook 2007 under windows 7, but when I do the same things in XP, I have the authentication window to the server that returns the time and I cannot continue. I checked the rights of authentication at the IIS (Windows Authentication enabled without the kernel) what could differ between the two operating system. Thank you in advance if you can provide any idea to resolve this issue.

I have idea about this, so I tried to change as explained, again, and there is nothing even under windows 7: error message about the proxy authentication window permanent. For you information, I have used this command: Set-OutlookProvider EXPR-Server $ null-CertPrincipalName msstd: exchange.company. Knowing that CN is my company certificate (short), I also tried: Set-OutlookProvider EXPR - Server $ null-CertPrincipalName company. The other controls that I have typed are: Set-OutlookProvider EXCH-Server "HOSTNAMElocal"-CertPrincipalName "HOSTNAMElocal" (it is included in my multi-domain certificate) Set-OutlookProvider WEB Server "exchange.company"-CertPrincipalName "HOSTNAMElocal" exchange.company. I am not sure that this will solve the problem but I just want to let you know about these things.