Thread: Windows Server 2008 showing error with DVD/CD driver during install

Windows Server 2008 showing error with DVD/CD driver during install

Hello friends, I am looking for installing Windows Server 2008 on my system. Now the problem which I am facing is that during the install from the CD, I am getting an error saying that that the cd/dvd drivers are missing. But I have already installed all the drivers for them. I really don't know what is happening can any one help me to know how to solve this problem.

Re: Windows Server 2008 showing error with DVD/CD driver during install

Hey do you have some other operating system on the same system but in the different partition. If yes then insert any CD and see if the ROM is able to run the CD properly or not. If it doesn't run over there then it means that the drivers arr not installed or there is something wrong with the ROM itself. So you have to give the ROM to the shop if it is possible to fix the problem or buy a new one.

Hey for installing the Windows Server 2008, the hard disk configuration is also considered. Some of the hard disk requires compatible drivers to run, if it doesn't find the exact match then it will show some error regarding drivers not found. So I think that the Cd from which you are trying to load might not have the drivers for the hard drive or the ROM and that is why you are getting this problem of drivers not found. In such as case you have to find out the drivers that are required by the hard disk and the CD Rom.

I think that the problem would be of the CD which you are using to load the Windows Server 2008,the CD might not properly burned and that is why you are getting the errors of the drivers not found. So first thing that you can do is try reburning the CD and see that all the files gets completely installed on the CD and then try loading the Windows Server 2008 from the new CD.

Hey I also was going through the same problem and I had searched every where in the internet about this issue, and after getting to know what was the real problem I finally decided to go for that thing and eventually I got my job done. You can also solve the problem yourself as i have done my, all you need to do is that you have to check for whether you are having sscsi or sata dvd drive, if it is then you have to first install the drivers before staring the installation process.

I am getting the error message, i have already installed windows 7 ultimate on one partition, i am trying to install windows server 2008 on another partition, after pressing install button, its asking for driver not found in device manger some thing, how would it find drivers before completing the installation, if you get any solution for this , please share with me.

Thanks
    Ram...