Thread: Event ID 1053 and 5719

Event ID 1053 and 5719

Several comptuters are losing connection to network.
    -Drive mappings lost.
    -cannot browse web
    -cannot RDC

Common thread is occurrence of multiple events:

· Application 1053 userenv - Description: Windows cannot determine the user or computer name. (Not enough storage is available to complete this operation. ). Group Policy processing aborted.

· Application 1030 userenv - Description: Windows cannot query for the list of Group Policy objects. A message that describes the reason for this was previously logged by the policy engine.

· System 5719 Netlogon - Description: No Domain Controller is available for domain ***** due to the following:

· Not enough storage is available to process this command. . Make sure that the computer is connected to the network and try again. If the problem persists, please contact your domain administrator.

· System 40961 LSASRV - Description: The Security System could not establish a secured connection with the server ldap/domain.com. No authentication protocol was available.

· Looks like the 40961 & 1030 event come first, then ~30 days after the boot, the 1053 starts showing up

I'm also noticing from looking at the Event Viewer that I'm getting event ID's 1053 and 5719 on some of the pcs running Windows XP SP2-SP3. The network admin. was telling me that he started noticing these problems after they went from Windows Server 2003 to Windows Sever 2008 R2. He also said that they are teaming the nics on the new severs and didn't notice the events until they went on-line. I tested a few things on the one pc. I ran a gpupdate, which didn't correct any issues. I restarted the Netlogon Service, which seemed to make the 5719 events go away. Then I just completly restarted the computer because it has not been restared for awhile. After it booted back up it wasn't getting any more of the event IDs that it previously was. I'm not convinced that this solved my problem. I was also still able to ping the DC from the problem pcs and resolve DNS using nslookup. I'm thinking its an issue with the nics being teamed on the new servers. Buy why would it only be affecting these couple computers and not every computer? I've been looking for any differences between a pc that is not getting any of these events and one that is and I can't see much of a difference. I was just wondering if anyone had any thoughts or ideas on how to go about this problem? Thanks!
    Last edited by networkguy12345; 12-10-2010 at 07:06 PM.

Re: Event ID 1053 and 5719

Well the error that you are facing has the following meaning :
    • Event ID: 1053

Source: Userenv
    1. Windows cannot determine the user or computer name. (Not enough storage is available to complete this operation). Group Policy processing
    2. aborted.

• EventID: 5719

Source: Netlogon
    This computer was not able to set up a secure session with a domain controller in domain <domain> due to the following:
    1. Not enough storage is available to process this command.
    2. This may lead to authentication problems. Make sure that this computer is connected to the network. If the problem persists, please contact