Thread: Resize partition in Server 2003

Resize partition in Server 2003

I am attempting to resize (shrink) the one partition (4x320GB in RAID5) so that I can create new partitions with the unalloacted space. EASEUS Partition Manager 3.0 is asking for a reboot to complete the process. My problem is this server is hosted remotely without a monitor connected so I am not sure if further commands or input will be required after it reboots of if it's automated. Can someone please confirm?

Phillip Windell Guest

Re: Resize partition in Server 2003

There is just no way in the world that you should even be trying something
    like this without physically being in front of the server with a Keyboard
    and monitor.

bluefish Guest
    If you wanna make sure the result, I suggest you not do remotely operation.

I agree with fly-to-sky, the EASEUS partition manager 3.0 is a suitable for your situation.

If you have any problem, tell me

For I have aready used EASEUS partition manager 3.0 several times EASEUS partition manager really so good?i wii try to it

EASEUS Partition Master V4.1.1 is easy to use. It can extend NTFS partition without rebooting or data loss

maffea tom Guest

Resize partition in Server 2003

You can surely resize partition without wiping and reinstalling as possible for Windows Server 2003? As a server user, why not turn to manage your disk partition by using reliability partition manager, Partition Assistant. The partition tool will resize server partition to optimize disk usage under 2003 system.

To get more about the free software, please link
    And resize partition under Windows Server 2003

Microgood Guest

Yes, I also think this thread starts with spam.
    see another thread How to extend C drive on Windows 2003 Server

Noticed this was posted year 2008 but this could be a common question lots of system administrator could facing. I had the same problem recently and hope my findings could give you some idea. Basically, everything come with a cost. After spend few days searching, I have find 3 tools can address this issue (according to their claim). I don't test Easeus.

1.The native: Diskpart is a command-line utility which enables explicit control of partitions and volumes. With regard to Extend feature, the volume must be formatted with the NTFS file system; the unallocated space for the extension must be the next contiguous space on the same disk; only the extension of data volumes is supported. System or boot volumes may be blocked from being extended.

2. easy of use: Aomei Partition Assistant. I am happy because the budget keeps going down and this tool is exactly what I need. Good thing is I could also test its capabilities because their home edition is free.

3. most expensive: Acronis Disk Director. With $609, it is the most expensive software in this field. Loads of features in the software, I am kind of lost at first glance. After all, I only need extend my server system partition. Will be a good one to keep in the future and I am little bit hesitate to use it because I kind of feel it is design for advanced administrator.

3 tools I tested and guess which product. I will not tell you which product we bought the last, (most of time it is decided by customer or your manager). All products could resize your Windows 2003 Server.