Thread: Domain Controller Policy setting "Allow log on through Terminal Services"

Domain Controller Policy setting "Allow log on through Terminal Services"

I had created a switch between Domain Controller and Terminal Server. It is done recently. I was just testing out something new. I created a new user. The user is not able to logon to the terminal server. I thought this would be related to some internal settings. I changed the settings and allowed log on through terminal and added the user to Remote Desktop users group. But still the same issue appear. Even my admin account failed to logon to the server. What I have done wrong.

Re: Domain Controller Policy setting "Allow log on through Terminal Services"

I found a detailed guide which will be helpful for you to deal with the issue you are getting. All this basically happens when the user has no right or limited privileges for that. Also if the policy is not properly updated such thing appear constantly. The below link is a detailed guide that can give you complete information on what you are looking for.

“Allow Logon through Terminal Services” group policy and “Remote Desktop Users” group.