Thread: mrtstub.exe

mrtstub.exe

Few of my friends using windows XP said that Microsoft Malware Removal Tool is very effective. They got it from Windows update but i haven’t received it yet on my system. So I decided to run/extract the windows malware removal tool kb manually but it ended up saying something like:

“You Are Not Permitted To Execute The Following Program C:\.209... \Mrtstub.Exe. Please Contact Administrator...”

Is there any way I can install Microsoft Malware Removal Tool manually? Please help.

Re: mrtstub.exe

Just right click the executable file and select Run as Administartor. Am not sure whether it will work but you can give it a try. One thing am not able to understand is why you want to run it manually because as far as I know Microsoft malware removal Tool is very limited one, it gets installed with Windows updates, remain for few days on your system and gets uninstalled automatically.

Hello LavRaj, there are many people who are not at all aware of this tool because they don’t give such importance to this tool. Is there any specific reason you want to get this Malware Removal Utility?

mrtstub.exe

I want to go with this because since last couple of days I noticed many folders getting generated on my hard drive with some weird name, for example with this name c1d507a65a5b840fd01d. And when I open these folders, I can see three files in each folder with names $shtdwn$.req , mrt.exe._p and mrtstub.exe.

When I searched for mrtstub.exe in Google, I got few results that say it is a kind of malware and can delete myimportant data. Hence I wanted to scan the system with that malware removal tool.

Hi everyone,
    Please HELP
    I moved one folder BY MISTAKE, in the mrtstub folder, and now can not bring it back. It says that the folder (i have moved) is empty and the access is denied
    If there is any solution for this problem, PLEASE tell me ASAP I'd really appreciate your help in this purpose.

Thanks in advance