Thread: Roaming Profile issues

Roaming Profile issues

I have got one client that has 80 accounts using a common roaming profile. After that 500 more accounts was added with the same profile. After a period of time the accounts are now getting locked up when anyone is trying to log in. All temp internet files are already removed as well as the cookies folders from the mandaory profile is removed and also the Windows Desktop search is uninstalled, but even after that I get the below error message:

Windows cannot copy file \\srv1\Profiles\Mandatory\Cookies\index.dat to location C:\Documents and Settings\student13\Cookies\index.dat. Possible causes of this error include network problems or insufficient security rights. If this problem persists, contact your network administrator.

DETAIL - The process cannot access the file because it is being used by another process.

RE: Roaming Profile issues

I guess that you have to add the cookies folder to the exclusions in the ntuser.ini which will solve the case for you.

I am using Windows XP on my computer and I am not able to find the ntuser.ini file in it. Can you please direct me where can I find the ntuser.ini file in XP? Thank you.

You can try to find it in the user directories which will be under documents and settings of the Windows drive and it will be also in the hidden file or system file status that you need to make it visible. Actually, the ntuser.ini file is used to set up the user roaming profile components that are not copied to the server and it can be also found in HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon
    ExcludeProfileDirs