Thread: What is the file rbsolnUpdate.exe for?

What is the file rbsolnUpdate.exe for?

There was a alert that I received from the firewall for 2 files which were rbSolnUpdate.exe and also rbSolnUpdateENU.2.5.0.exe and there is nothing that I could find out on these files. The thing is that they were lying in the temp folder. And now when I check it then they are not there and I have a file named RBSOLNUPDATEENU.2.5.0.EXE-3648439D in the Windows\Prefetch folder. Can anyone tell me what are this files exactly and are they even safe or should I remove them?

Re: What is the file rbsolnUpdate.exe for?

It seems to me that the file was related to the HP printer that I was updating and when I asked the HP support then they told me if I dont want to receive the notifications about the same application then we have to disable the HP printer's sofware from automatically checking for updates and to do that I used the below method:
    1. First of all click Start and then click Run and type this into box: msconfig and then click OK.
    2. After that a window will pop up which is called Startup Configuration Utility.
    3. After that click the Startup tab and look for any items that start with the letters "HP".
    4. Here you have to make sure that you have the box checked next to HP Digital Imaging Monitor and then uncheck the box next to HPWuSchd2.
    5. After that if the printer is the only HP device connected to your computer, then
    6. uncheck the box next to any other item that starts with "HP", and then click apply and ok.
    7. Now you have to restart your computer when prompted.
    8. After when you log back on, you will see a dialog box that is connected with the
    9. Startup and Configuration Utility, simply check the box and click OK and your problem will be solved.

I am on a Windows XP media center pc and yes I was also having a HP printer with me. Actually, I thought that I might be a victim of some virus or malware issues and therfore was worried a little, but after when I turned off the HP software update for my printer, the problem seems to have gone away. Thanks for the help.