Thread: How to force User log off when time expires?

How to force User log off when time expires?

I need some help on Windows Server. Does anyone can provide me a settings or script that can provide me option to make users force logoff and logon after a time period. I checked all the settings under GPO but yet not found anything. I want to setup some option by which if a user has worked for particular hours he must be force to log off and leave. I am using Windows 2003 server. I am sure there is some option available like this. Thanks.

I think that is not applicable. Instead of that you can configure timeout settings. That makes the user to re-login when the time expires. The settings are done through network security policy. You can manage the sessions from that place. There are some scripts for that, but there is very less chances that it really works. While one thing you can do is configure the shutdown or log off in Schedule Task. After a prescribed time interval the system will be logged off automatically.

Re: How to force User log off when time expires?

It can be done through time session. When it expire the system will be logged off automatically. The settings lies in Local Users and Groups > Properties > Sessions. Just choose the option Disconnect from Session and set the time period you want. For a force log off or shutdown when certain time passes you have to use a automated service. Schedule task is a nice option and you can test that. If it is easier then you can use it.