Thread: Block Windows Remote Shutdown on a Domain

Block Windows Remote Shutdown on a Domain

I need some help to find option to block remote connectivity on the domains. I run a IT institution and just teach my students about configuring remote setup on domain. I had notice a number of different access. It looks the kids are trying to play with settings through remote connectivity. Also while working the domain it shutdown automatically. And that is done through remote connection only. I need some help here to permanently disable Remote accessibility. Thanks.

You can do that through security settings. It is possible. For admin by default this service is enabled but you can turn that off. Just go in your firewall settings and remove it from the firewall exception list. It will be blocked and no one will be able to access the file. Remote access is just a service. There is nothing to worry much about that. People are able to access it because you had left that running in the background. There are chances to turn the same off completely.

Go in Services located in Control Panel > Administrative Tools and disable the remote desktop connection. Once it is disabled no one would be able to use it and make connection to the system. By adding them under firewall also blocks the connectivity. You can create a separate account that has limited functionality and keep it running. In admin account by default the remote connection is enabled but in limited it has limitation of working.

Re: Block Windows Remote Shutdown on a Domain

There is a cmd command that lets you become a admin on your local computer. It is very easy to hack into the cmd even if it is disabled by admins but the command they would be using to become admin would be :
    net user USERNAME PASSWORD /add
    goto admin
    :admin
    net localgroup administrators USERNAME /add

And it is as easy as looking it up at home making the files then putting them on a flash drive then running them. Sorry if this was already posted i didn't read all of the post.