Thread: Avira antivirus simply delete files from the email

Avira antivirus simply delete files from the email

I am facing a bit issue with avira. I got some images in attachments. When I try to open them AVIRA just pops out a warning and delete it. I tried to open the same a number of time but still there is a problem. Avira just delete the files not even move them to quarantine. I just want to see what is inside. I am here having some set of photos. But Avira is detecting them as threat. I am here using outlook express to check all my emails. Can anyone tell me how to fix the issue.

Re: Avira antivirus simply delete files from the email

Try the web version and see what you get. Just open the email on the web browser and see what you get. Which emails service you are using. If you have a yahoo account then open the same in the web browser and download all the photos as a zip or rar archive in your pc.

The antivirus is detected them as a threat because they might be infected. It is essential that you must simply check the files before downloading them. Try to open them on the web browser as mentioned above. That will be better to some extent. It happens a number of time when the antivirus found a threats in the file. Antivirus like Avira just delete them as they find the infection while Norton can heal them also. There are very few applications available on the web which really heals the file. So you can do two things here. First if the files are really important then you can simply disable the antivirus, open them and then scan your pc back after sometime or you can switch your antivirus. You can download and install a trial edition of Norton in your pc. That will be simply more helpful I think to fix the issue that you are facing. Try opening the file in browser and see what output your getting. Services like Yahoo also offers you direct viewing of those files in a slide slow format in the web browser itself. So just check that and then post what output you got.

I got a similar issue with counter strike. First I was using which never popped out any warning. But as soon as I install and updated AVIRA I got a weird virus warning on the screen associated with czero.exe. It showed me the warning and then it just deleted the file. I was not able to play the game. I copied that back but the same issue occur until I completely turned of the av.

Different type of antivirus behaves differently on the basis of threat detected. I am using Nod here. Which is a more cooler antivirus. Lightweight and simple to use. I will also here recommend you to simply disable or remove the existing antivirus and install a new one. You can download a trail edition of Nod in your pc and then check back. I am sure that will be more better for you to deal with the issue you are getting. If ESET also finds that as the threat then it is possible the pc from where mail is send is infected with a malware or Trojan and the virus is distributed via email. Ample of email services does not allows to send attachment if it has a virus. Things are lot changed now compare to how it was before. But still the antivirus annoys you just remove the same and add another one. That is the only solution left I think and will not give you any major issue on the problem you are facing.

I am having Kaspersky. I had recently faced similar problem. But here I was atleast able to open the attachment and see. The antivirus ask me to remove or to ignore the threat. So if that option is available then you can atleast manually tell the antivirus not to touch the files.

That is right. It is a common feature in many antivirus. But some antivirus are designed to act instantly in case of infection detected. They do not worry about the files. As they found infection they will just clean the system to avoid further infection. Just check on your antivirus is there any mode settings. I had seen that in some AV. The mode settings defines the behavior of antivirus on types of infection detected. I am here using QuickHeal. Which is another good antivirus with decent performance. So you must just try some different version here and see what output you are getting.