Thread: How to keep windows security from virus via removable drives

How to keep windows security from virus via removable drives

Most commonly I had notice that the virus enter my pc via a removable drive. It can be a usb or any kind of memory card. I am just annoyed with the same. I need some simple way to keep my system secure from them. What happens is my pc is used by multiple people in my home. And ample of them just connect their phone or a usb to the pc without scanning it. I am using AVG here. I thought this would be a good antivirus that can ensure that whatever removable drive connected is safe. But not it is just hooked without scanning.

Re: How to keep windows security from virus via removable drives

For that you will need to tell the users to scan the usb or memory card and then open it. You have to manually teach them one by one. I had also faced the issue. The place where I stay is shared by my friends. Now they just connect a mobile phone and copy songs. I had already formatted my pc around 4 time in the few couple of months. So that is a bit annoying. It is really complicated to stop them but you can use a good pro version of antivirus that will keep your system secure from such threats.

There is a removable drive scanner available by Kaspersky. Just search that on web and install it in your pc. It can work fine with your existing antivirus. Most of the latest antivirus are having feature of scanning a pen drive before opening it. So if you are having a really good antivirus in your pc then you do not need to worry about the infection. Whenever the pen drive or any removable drive connected the antivirus automatically scans its and then it is open. Also when you open any infected files there are notification on the screen.

Try TrustPort USB Antivirus. This is a good antivirus software I am using and it is a nice antivirus scanner also. If you are looking for some separate security for the usb or removable drive then just check for this. I am sure it wll be enough to fix the problem you are facing.