Thread: A virus that has disabled everything

A virus that has disabled everything

I have actually caved in on this because there is nothing I can do.

First of all I wasn't even doing anything apart from playing my xbox when a pop came up for adobe, which I clicked allow. A dos prompt window came up and all of a sudden Windows Security disabled itself when I have windows security essentials, after that malware bytes closed and never opened again, followed by spybot. I tried all the steps to re-enable windows security in the services tab, but it said my computer name doesn't exist when I know it does. I can't load any programs up and tried to do a system restore, but all my system restores have been deleted too. I tried opening any other program apart from IE, but nothing worked. I can't log onto any security sites because they have all been disabled and I get a message saying cannot display the webpage. I can't do any online scans download any programs, and the same goes in safe mode too. Everything is completely ****ed so I am going to have to ghost my computer and start all over because of this. I am just letting people know that there is some really nasty stuff out there and that they should be careful. I have been able to fix these problems in the past, but this one is head and shoulders above the rest of malware/virus infections I have had, so I give up.

Re: A virus that has disabled everything

Can you please tell us what is your operating system? Can you logon to Safe Mode and then check if you can scan your computer with the malwarebytes antimalware software? Also you need to ensure that you have the latest MBAM version installed on your machine. Also, are you sure that you are logged into as an administrator? Check some suggestions given on this website - http://support.microsoft.com/kb/922708

Even when I logged into safe mode I couldn't open malwarebytes or any other software, only internet explorer and it still blocked me access to all security sites. Yup logged in as admin, and run every program as admin too. I literally tried everything. I have come across problems in the past where you can use de-buggers etc to fix the settings to allow you to get rid of the virus but even programs like combofix wouldn't open and I couldn't do any online scans because the sites were all blocked. I never came across a virus like this, but if anyone gets a dos prompt window asking to allow the application just make sure you reject it.

Can you try to use the Microsoft's System Sweeper or any another boot virus CD like Kaspersky or BitDefender and check your computer. Another thing that you do is move the hard drive to an external enclosure and then try to plug it with the help of usb to another computer but be sure that you are using an antivirus software on that pc which will auto-detect the malwares and then run a chkdsk. Try this 2 methods and see if it helps.