Thread: What is Windows Secure Kit 2011 and how to get rid of it

What is Windows Secure Kit 2011 and how to get rid of it

I received a popup to get some Windows Security kit. I downloaded and installed it in my system. Now my system is super slow and I want to get rid of it. I thought this might be some kind of awesome tool that offers a secure tool for Windows protection while the same is just a waste. It made my system super slow. How to get rid of this. Is this tool really worth to keep in my system or not. Thanks.

Re: What is Windows Secure Kit 2011 and how to get rid of it

This is rogue security tool. Means it is a fake software. You must not have downloaded this. This tool behaves as anti-spyware application and misleads the user. Rogue antivirus are one of the most common threat found on web. It displays fake alert or creates false alarm that your system is infected and will encourage you to click on it so that you can install it. Now it is infected your system and in my views there are two things you can try. First run system restore. Second format your system and re-install Windows back again. Then only you can get rid of this virus.

It is a virus and it also has Trojan. It also adds spyware and malware to your system. It can produce a large number of false positive or not actual alerts, alerting you that your computer is infected with parasites or other threats that do not actually exist. You can skip important files and folders to be scanned to detect spyware on your computer. Scan your system with a good antivirus under safe mode and then check back.

There are some steps that I can provide you to get rid of this tool. It is possible to remove this kit. Before you start, make a backup of your system and your registry, so it is easy to restore the previous situation of your computer in case something goes wrong. You can get rid of this by removing the Windows registry entries. I am listing all of the below entries along with the files that are needed to be deleted.
    • First find and delete : Protector-fmy.exe
    • Then remove StartMenu > Programs > Smart Warden.lnk
    • AppData > NPSWF32.dll
    • AppData > result.db
    • Windows Desktop Smart Warden.lnk

Below is the list of registry keys you will need to delete :
    • HKEY_CURRENT_USERSoftwareMicrosoftWindowsCurrentVersionInternet Settings "WarnOnHTTPSToHTTPRedirect" = 0
    • HKEY_CURRENT_USERSoftwareMicrosoftWindowsCurrentVersionPoliciesSystem "DisableRegedit" = 0
    • HKEY_CURRENT_USERSoftwareMicrosoftWindowsCurrentVersionPoliciesSystem "DisableRegistryTools" = 0
    • HKEY_CURRENT_USERSoftwareMicrosoftWindowsCurrentVersionPoliciesSystem "DisableTaskMgr" = 0
    • HKEY_CURRENT_USERSoftwareMicrosoftWindowsCurrentVersionRun "Inspector"
    • HKEY_CURRENT_USERSoftwareMicrosoftWindowsCurrentVersionSettings "ID" = 4
    • HKEY_CURRENT_USERSoftwareMicrosoftWindowsCurrentVersionSettings "net" = 2012-2-20_1
    • NTCurrentVersionImage HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINESOFTWAREMicrosoftWindows OptionsashLogV.exe File Execution
    • NTCurrentVersionImage HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINESOFTWAREMicrosoftWindows Optionsavgnt.exe File Execution
    • NTCurrentVersionImage HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINESOFTWAREMicrosoftWindows Optionscfplogvw.exe File Execution
    • NTCurrentVersionImage HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINESOFTWAREMicrosoftWindows Optionsfsav32.exe File Execution
    • NTCurrentVersionImage HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINESOFTWAREMicrosoftWindows Optionsluall.exe File Execution
    • NTCurrentVersionImage HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINESOFTWAREMicrosoftWindows Optionsnorton_internet_secu_3.0_407.exe File Execution
    • NTCurrentVersionImage HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINESOFTWAREMicrosoftWindows Optionsnotstart.exe File Execution
    • NTCurrentVersionImage HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINESOFTWAREMicrosoftWindows Optionsproport.exe File Execution
    • NTCurrentVersionImage HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINESOFTWAREMicrosoftWindows Optionsss3edit.exe File Execution
    • NTCurrentVersionImage HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINESOFTWAREMicrosoftWindows Optionswatchdog.exe File Execution
    • NTCurrentVersionImage HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINESOFTWAREMicrosoftWindows Optionsxpf202en.exe File Execution

It is really not easy to get rid of this rogue tool. I had also infected with the same and it only remove when you format your system entirely. The reason is that goes in Windows registry. You can try to use some registry cleaner at start to fix it out. But it will download and put more virus in your system which in the end will led to system down. So first have a backup of your system and then try to format it. You can also try and use hijackthis tool. This will generate a log file which will give you full detail on services running in the system.

It is a fake antivirus and it is inside your system. So the best thing to do is first run system restore. For sometime your pc will start working properly so you can try to take backup as early you can. Then format the system and install a good antivirus.

Recently while i was surfing the web , When all of a sudden i got this message 'Windows secure kit has found a virus on your computer'. From then i have been getting this popup warning me that my computer is at risk , which is strange as i have a perfectly good antivirus program.Can anybody elaborate more on this.

As you said that the warnings started to appear just after you clicked an unknown link so i would guess that you downloaded some sort of virus to your computer.I would recommend you Scan your PC with the legitimate Version of the Antivirus you had earlier.

Its a scam . And do not enter your credit card number if it asks for the purchase.All those warning signs are a way of scaring users so they give up money . Its a fake Antivirus.Immediately get it serviced by a qualified technician.

Its nothing to worry about. it won't harm you until you give up the credit number for the purchase.Make sure to take a backup of all the social security numbers from your computer and delete them from the infected computer until its been cleaned. by the way the only best solution to htis problems seem to be a clean installation of the operating system.