Thread: Windows Firewall cannot run due to 'Windows 7 antivirus 2012

Windows Firewall cannot run due to 'Windows 7 antivirus 2012

I am running Windows 7 64bit. It seems to me that the system is infected with rogue antiviruses. So far I have removed them but today morning I got a new rendition of "Windows 7 Antivirus 2012". Now the Windows 7 telling that explorer.exe need to make some changes. I cannot even kill the process. If I try to block it using firewall, it won’t allow me to do that. If I try to make any settings in Firewall it gives me error 0x800705b4. I think that it is an authentication error. Furthermore the Windows 7 cannot load the wshelper.dll. If I look into the services, Windows Firewall is not running there. What could be the cause of this?

Re: Windows Firewall cannot run due to 'Windows 7 antivirus 2012

It is very common that third party applications (such as spyware or adware) burst the windows firewall, leaving it off. To correct it.
    • Start Button ->Run -> type: services.msc and hit enter. (You must have administrator permissions)
    • Now from the local services list, look for the Windows or something similar to windows firewall, if in state initiated and startup type disabled, click on it with the right click - properties and change startup type to automatic.
    • And then apply before clicking OK hit the button with the state of service - START.

Many people still have the problem that the services are not started. Say that no address can be obtained. So you would have to reset everything first time. First of all simply uninstall Drivers and reboot. You can see the changes in device manager. Then they should be restored automatically without internet. You may also simply try so times without uninstalling drivers.
    • First Start -> All Programs -> Accessories -> Command Prompt (Run as Administrator)
    • Second "Netsh winsock reset" and enter "Enter"
    • If an error is to ignore them
    • Third "Netsh int ip reset" and enter "Enter"
    • Restart the System to make changes.

These viruses also have mechanisms for self-defense and automatically change some settings in Windows to make it harder for the user to remove them. Maybe Windows is also acting weird, with strange error messages such as those of the system file is not found or corrupt. At a time when, through an anti-malware you can remove the virus but then you have to deal with the damage that it has created and reset the Windows settings.

Symptoms associated with Antivirus 2012 includes Windows 7 users who cannot connect to the Internet, and the inability to launch any type of executable on the system. Other victims of Antivirus 2012 Win 7 reported an increase in the erratic behavior of the system, and poor system performance.

Take back what you rightfully and destroy 7 Win Antivirus 2012 before it destroys your PC. The best way is by making use of the power of a real security tool.

If you want to Re-enable the Windows Firewall and you are sure that the system is infected with that virus then try the following:
    • Click Start> Run>type regedit in the Open box and click OK.
    • Locate the registry subkey and click Next:
    • HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE \ SYSTEM \ CurrentControlSet \ Services \ SharedAccess \ Security
    • Delete the registry subkey named Security, if it exists.
    • Close the Registry Editor and restart the computer.
    • Try to restart the firewall: Start / Run / sc start SharedAccess / OK

Sometimes viruses can hide files in System Restore in which case we allow the restoration off the antivirus can effectively remove these files. Note that turning off the System Restore lost previous restore points, which means that you will not have the option to restore the system to an earlier date on which the system functioned normally.

I think that you should launch Process Explorer and stop each and every one processes from your computer which you think not trust-able. Some processes might be launch from %TEMP%, %Application Data% or alike folders and some of them are very strange processes which you haven’t seen before. By stopping this you will notice improvement in your PC. At last you should start for looking around remaining Trojans and infections with Spyware Doctor and any antivirus.