Thread: SSL VPN Login webpage is not displayed after installing security update KB2585542

SSL VPN Login webpage is not displayed after installing security update KB2585542

I have noticed an interesting thing with security update KB2585542 that is installed on my Windows 7 based machine which is not displaying SSL VPN Login webpage.. we have installed Fortinet Firewalls..

Once I have uninstalled KB2585542 I was able to see SSL VPN Login Webpage. Thus I have declined security update KB2585542 on all of the WSUS servers so that is shouldnt get pushed on all of the machine. Let me know if you are facing from the above mentioned problem.

Re: SSL VPN Login webpage is not displayed after installing security update KB2585542

I think that you will need to download Froti SSL VPN client in order to connect with the server. You can get the same from their official website.

Re: SSL VPN Login webpage is not displayed after installing security update KB2585542

You can give a try to below mentioned registry solution. You should launch registry editor and look for following regsitery key.
    Code:
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\CurrentControlSet\Control\SecurityProviders\SCHANNEL
    You have to add new DWORD (32-bit) to SendExtraRecord
    Value should be 2.

I searched a lot on the internet and found following solution.
    1. You have to go for Policy and go for Global Properties and then go for SSL Network Extender.
    2. After that you have to change supported encryption methods from AES, 3DES to AES, 3DES, RC4.

So try it and let me know whether it is working or not.

I was also facing the same problem which you have stated over here.
    You should go for Control Panel and go for All Control Panel Items.
    Here you have to go for Programs and Features and go for View installed updates.
    You have to right click on security update KB2585542.
    Uninstall it and after that reboot the system.
    If still issue is existing than you should uninstall FortiClient, reset IE settings and re-install the FortiClient client again.

Quote Originally Posted by Gowravaram View Post
    I have noticed an interesting thing with security update KB2585542 installed on my Windows 7 based machine is not displaying SSL VPN Login webpage.. we have installed Fortinet Firewalls..
    Once I have uninstalled KB2585542 I was able to see SSL VPN Login Webpage. Thus I have declined security update KB2585542 on all of the WSUS servers to decline the update so that getting pushed on all of machine. Let me know if you are facing from the above mentioned problem.
    Hi,
    We are facing some issue while accesing one of the application on windows 7.when am uninstalled above microsoft patch able access the application.when i try to access the application at home on my friends laptop am getting blank page.Please let me know what is the exact issue.

Please try to access this on both window xp and 7 and please let us know.please help me out.

Thanks,
    Sriram

Quote Originally Posted by kapilavai21 View Post
    Hi,
    We are facing some issue while accesing one of the application on windows 7.when am uninstalled above microsoft patch able access the application.when i try to access the application at home on my friends laptop am getting blank page.Please let me know what is the exact issue.

Please try to access this on both window xp and 7 and please let us know.please help me out.
    There is a Microsoft FixIt patch available for people that are having trouble following this update. The patch is available in KB2643584: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2643584
    The change made in KB2585542 is to split a record into two records before sending. Microsoft, Google (Chrome), Mozilla and Opera have all made the same change (or are making the change) to split records in order to prevent an attack against HTTPS sessions.