Thread: Generic!Artemis

Generic!Artemis

I have installed McAfee and it always states to me remove this program? And when I try to delete this program via McAfee then it gives me an error message that this antivirus cannot remove it. I have also tried to remove it with the help of Windows defender but I am unable to delete it. Also tried Adware but still the same problem. Can anyone tell me how to remove Generic!Artemis once and for all from my computer?

You can download the Malicious Software Removal Tool directly from microsoft website and then install it on your pc. It is an anti-malware utility that checks computers running Windows 7, Windows Vista, Windows XP, Windows 2000, and Windows Server 2003 for infections by specific, prevalent malicious software—including Blaster, Sasser, and Mydoom—and helps remove malware and any other infections found. Check this site to download the tool - http://www.microsoft.com/security/pc...e-removal.aspx

Download Windows Live OneCare by searching it on the net and it will take care of this malware. The Windows Live OneCare also includes comprehensive protection against viruses and spyware, but also against attacks via a firewall, and also incorporates the anti-phishing filter for Internet Explorer. It also features PC optimization and data backup. Microsoft's solution also focuses on simplicity and automatic configuration, even if the proposed interface is a little less attractive than its competitor.