Thread: Windows security Center..shield symbol....

Windows security Center..shield symbol....

I am seeing a red circle with an X mark in the middle on the windows security center shield? I have already tried to update everything and it is also showing that its up to date but it will still show the same thing. I have got the AVG antivirus and it told me that it was out of date so I have updated it with the latest virus definitions as well but still no matter what I do, it will be the same. So I thought of uninstalling it and then reinstalling AVG and then updating it again but again the same X mark shows up. What can i do to solve this issue?

re: Windows security Center..shield symbol....

It could be that your computer might be infected. I cant recollect the name of the threat but you should clean your pc first, so try to download Spybot Search and Destroy, SuperAntiSpyware, or MalwareBytes AntiMalware and then start the computer in safe mode with networking then scan the pc. You can also get this security software for free.

The problem that you are facing may occur when deceptive software, such as spyware that is known as "grayware," is installed on your computer. This kind of software may come bundled with software that you want to install or may be included with downloaded web components. To resolve this problem, try to identify and remove deceptive software from your computer. To do this, use one of the following methods given here - http://support.microsoft.com/kb/827315

Even I was facing similar kind of issues and to solve this issue all I needed to do was to correct the calendar or clock settings by month and year wise and this solved the problem that was occuring to Windows security Center as well as the AVG antivirus that I was using. This might be helpful for everyone who is having same problem.

I had the same problem. I found that I had inadvertently changed the calendar month on my date/time. Resetting the calender to the right time cured the problem immediately.