Thread: Workgroup is not accessible: Can't see my other computer on my WLAN

Workgroup is not accessible: Can't see my other computer on my WLAN

I had configured wifi la router on my network. I am having a Windows 2000 PC which is on the same network. It is a private network and few workstations are having access. I am using a ADSL modem here. I am having a separate Vista laptop also. I am not able to find anything on the network. I do not understand what happen but there is some issue with the lan connection. I am on the same network, but still connectivity fails. The error that I receive is workgroup is not accessible. The list of servers for this workgroup is not currently available.

Re: Workgroup is not accessible: Can't see my other computer on myWLAN

Did you checked the Event Log. You will be able to locate detailed error on that. If you can post that information then it would be better to give you a proper solution for the same. Post the error information here. It would be better.

Re: Workgroup is not accessible: Can't see my other computer on my WLAN

Do you have any security application like antivirus installed on your system. Check the settings. I am sure due to that you are facing connectivity failure problem. Check your firewall and other settings. Try to disable the same and then check back. You said that it is a private network so instantly not workstation is going to have easy access.

Verify that browser service is running in your system. It is necessary that you must allow your system through firewall. I had seen a number of queries which clearly says that people are not able to access then network due to number of restrictions. Also go in Netbois and ensure that TCP/IP is enabled or not.

Try to use net start command to find what is the number of services that are running in the background. Because if service is not working properly then you might fail to access the network. Go in Services Management Console and look for the settings. You can allow a separate account for Vista system to access the private network. Basically this lies with authentication. So check the settings and then try back.

Why don't you try to unlock the Vista system IP on your wifi network. I am sure this is going to help you much. There are chances that you face problem with configuration of users. To test just put the network on public mode. That means make in open for all and see that your vista system is able to connector or not. Then again put back the settings. It is not at all complicated to add Vista system on 2000 server. All you need is proper documentation to do the job.

Try to change the works setting back. Basically the network configuration wizard helps you to add the system on network. Once you choose the workgroup you need to provide proper authentication.