Thread: "Not enough storage is available to process this command"

"Not enough storage is available to process this command"

After performing fresh Windows 2000 updates I found that there is a error while initiating some commands. I am trying to map a shared network location first on the new updated system. It gave me a error no enough storage for command. What does that means. All the workstations on the network are able to access the same drive and not getting any kind of errors. Only the system that I am using is having this problem. Any suggestions on that will be quiet helpful.

Re: "Not enough storage is available to process this command"

I do not think updates has made changes to your system access on the network. There might be some other issue. I will advice you to contact your network admin and ask for help. It will provide you options to deal with issues. First all the error which you are receiving it bit weird. I am getting a similar error recently which was related to disk space. The system was not having enough space for initiating a process.

Here is a helpful KB article link that will provide you more info on what you are looking for. The problem lies with IRPStackSize. If it is set low then you get that error. And somehow Windows Updates can imply some changes to the system. The changes is done on Windows registry. The below link will provide you a method to get rid of the issue. For that you have to modify your system registry file. It is necessary that you take proper backup before doing the same.

Error message: "Not enough server storage is available to process this command"

Thanks for that link. I was facing the same issue and it really worked. It looks to be working fine. I just want to know the exact reason. What does that IRPStackSize means. Does modifying the registry will not cause any other impact on the internal system. It can be helpful to troubleshoot this kind of issues if appear in future.

If you need to find information on IRPStackSize. The link below has detailed information on it. You can read and surely this is going to help you in future for number of issues. Somehow the changes can cause affect in the system performance. I will recommend you to check all the workstation one by one if you found this kind of error.

Description of the IRPStackSize parameter in Windows 2000, in Windows XP, and in Windows Server 2003

Just for once verify in disk management that the drive you are trying to connect is having enough space. You must check in the server for that. Somehow it is also due to low disk quota alloted. You must extend that to get rid of that error. That is the failsafe way to verify first before making any changes to the system registry.