Thread: 0x80070569: Logon failure: the user has not been granted the requested logon type at this computer.

0x80070569: Logon failure: the user has not been granted the requested logon type at this computer.

Hello, We have a domain running on Windows 2000. Recently I defined a user for this domain and created a Domain User Group and set the password to never expire. Later under Domain Security Policy I setup 'Deny Access to this computer from the network' and 'Deny logon locally’. I hope I’m explaining all these in simple language. Apart from this I create a scheduled task and associate with defined user.Now the problem am facing with the same is the task is just unable to run. When I check the View Log, this is what I get:

"xxxx.job" (xxxx.bat) 12/22/2005 11:59:59 AM ** ERROR **
    The attempt to log on to the account associated with the task failed, therefore, the task did not run.
    The specific error is:
    0x80070569: Logon failure: the user has not been granted the requested logon type at this computer.
    Verify that the task's Run-as name and password are valid and try again.
    Though I was not able to understand the cause of this problem I just tried resetting the password. And guess what, the task runs now. Isn’t that strange ? Any idea what is going wrong ?

Re: 0x80070569: Logon failure: the user has not been granted the requested logon type at this computer.

It seems like there is some problem with local security policy. You can fix the problem by changing its settings and allow it to log on as a service. Make sure to set this as the same location. Use this:

user rights\log on as a service

Re: 0x80070569: Logon failure: the user has not been granted the requested logon type at this computer.

I had been facing this issue for long - I had programmed a batch file to keep track of a shared folder's file changes . After running fine for 2 months It suddenly stopped running. The status would be 'Could not start'. From the 'Advanced' toolbar option -> View Log in Scheduled tasks folder I could see the error log was:

** ERROR **
    The attempt to log on to the account associated with the task failed, therefore, the task did not run.
    The specific error is:
    Verify that the task's Run-as name and password are valid and try again.

I was running this from a Virtual Machine which is never logged of. I connect to this remote machine via Citrix.

I saw some solutions in the internet and tried them all in vain - like giving log on as batch job access right, create global objects access , logon as a service...

The solution I found out is - to check the box in the scheduled tasks wizard asking 'Run only If I have logged on'. On selecting this the scheduled tasks password box will go greyed out, and the tasks will run without each time verifying the password and failing. This worked in my case.

donichayen(at)yahoo.co.in

i would like to suggest you to make account "Log on as batch job" rights in the Local Computer Policy and after that go through your issue. first make click on the start icon the desktop and after that click on the run. now on the run type Gpedit.msc and after that hit the ok button. now you will get the windows and under that go to the Local Computer Policy and after that Computer Configuration and then Windows Settings. now on the Windows Settings go to the Security Settings and then Local Policy. now on the Local Policy go to the User Rights and then make as Log on as a batch job.