Thread: Services.exe Memory leak and excessive CPU utilization.

Services.exe Memory leak and excessive CPU utilization.

Does anyone know how to fix the issue of over cpu usage. I can see services.exe eating 100% cpu in my system. The system is very slow and non responsive. It is not working properly. I start facing this issue after a few minute when the system boot completely. It looks some application is utilizing maximum system resources and it is not allowing me to make any changes.

I am also having issue with service.exe. It is eating 100% of my cpu and I cannot perform any action. It started when I installed SP4 update on my system. After adding that new update this problem started appearing. I cannot work or make any changes. It looks it is a waste of time updating the old system. I cannot even terminated the process. But in safe mode I am able to make my system work for some while. That is quiet not enough. I think I have to re-install the entire server back again.

There is a virus in your system. Try to scan your system first and then try back for other stuff. You can do that in safe mode also. I do not think any internal windows service is capable of consuming all system resources. This happen mostly due to virus. There can be some big host file also. You can try to check that and reduce that. Clear your temp files and do not forget to scan your system in safe mode.

Try hijackthis. This is a small tool that is capable of scanning your system of each working file and will give you the exact location. You can then stop or block that from its actual location. I am sure there is a virus. If your antivirus is not capable of cleaning the same then use a new one.