Thread: Local Admin Password change script for Domain PC's

Local Admin Password change script for Domain PC's

I am having a small script that I am planing to run on all the workstations in the network. I am using Windows 2003 Server. I had configured Active Directory on the same. All the computers access the same through 2003 Server. The password is added in the script. I am here trying to create a script that can modify the password of all systems on the domain. I am using Windows Script Encoder for the same. Any advice on that is appreciated.

There are number of few common queries I had found on other community also. But yet there is no valid answer available. I like the solution of using powershell. But before that I am ready to test the existing script method. You can try using VBScript. This tool is capable of binding local admin user object which basically use the SetPassword method. This would help to modify the password and the advantage on this is to modify the same using remote access.

You are trying to reset the password of all workstation on your network. So this is a kind of process involved bulk password reset. There is a utility called as dsrazor. I will recommend you to try that and it will really work. This is a kind of free software that will be easy to manage and also reliable. You can try running them from the client system itself. It is one the best way to make changes at a single point.

I agree that using a ready to use utility must be better. Because it will help you to stay protected. There are some scripts but I really do not trust them. There can be failure and it is not easy to check that all passwords has been change or not.