Formalized in 2012, the mini-PC NUC (Next Unit of Computing) of Intel has evolved over the generations of processors from the firm of Santa Clara. The latter today unveiled a new model that should appeal to movie goers, since it is stamped at 4K ready to get very high definition quality.

Intel has unveiled a new model of the NUC that might be interesting for moviegoers. Coupled with a compatible Ultra HD 4K monitors unveiled recently by Acer, Asus, BenQ, NEC or Philips, this mini-PC in question would allow them to make a media center with which they could watch content in a definition of 3840 x 2160 pixels.

Referenced as Intel NUC NUC5i7RYH, it will offer an Intel Core i7-5557U dual-core 3.1 to 3.4 GHz (Broadwell generation) processor, random access memory up to 16GB, a solution of Intel HD Graphics 6100 with mini-HDMI 1.4a/mini DisplayPort 1.2, 7.1 audio rendering, an mSATA slot and a bay for a 2.5-inch drive SATA 3. For the rest, it evokes USB 2.0/USB 3.0/Gigabit Ethernet and connections of Wi-Fi AC/Wi-Di/Bluetooth 4.0.

It remains to know the pricing of this product in rest of the world.

Intel NUC NUC5i7RYH