New information about Skylake processors generation has been talked about. It is three ranges of mobile models.

Things become clearer about mobile processors of Skylake generation which is expected from Intel sometime in 2015. Enjoying a fine engraving of 14 nanometers, as current models of the Broadwell family, they will depart in three ranges.

There will be first the Y range which will consist of Core million references, which will be targeted to a very low consumption mobile configurations such as tablets and notebook-tablet hybrid. We talk about dual-core CPU part, a support of Turbo Boost, L3 cache 3 or 4 MB and GPU GT2 solution.

Then comes the U range that offers the Celeron, Pentium, Core i3, Core i5 and the Core i7 dual-core with between 15 and 28 watts TDP. It is destined to laptops such as ultra-thin ultrabooks supported by Intel. It evokes a memory of L3 2, 3 or 4 MB, GPU GT1, GT2 or GT3 and Turbo Boost media cache.

Intel Skylake Mobile Processors

To complete the range, there will be H range for high performance mobile configurations, including the Core i3/Core i5/Core i7 dual-core or quad-core, the TDP between 35 and 45 Watts.

Recall that earlier reports spoke of supporting 4G/LTE, Thunderbolt connection to 40 Gbit/s and DDR4 RAM, thanks to the 100 Series chipset.