MSI launches the mini-ITX Gaming Platform, that is to say, a motherboard and a graphics card for both gaming and miniature computers.

MSI turns on the segment of mini-ITX components designed specifically for gamers. It actually starts a "mini-ITX gaming platform" (mini-ITX Gaming Platform), consisting of a motherboard and a graphics card. So after Asus and Zotac, it is now the turn of MSI to launch mini-ITX components for gamers.

MSI Z87I Gaming AC

MSI Gaming Z87I AC offers several specific features reserved for larger motherboards.

It differs from other mini-ITX motherboards with an upscale, using a Killer E2200 Gigabit Ethernet controller that can prioritize traffic from an online game. The eight-channel audio controller of Realtek ALC1150 has meanwhile an insulation reducing interference and an amplifier compatible with most headsets. Finally, two USB ports are optimized for keyboard and mouse running at 500 or 1000 Hz (125 Hz against standard).

We also find an Intel Z87 Express chipset and LGA1150 socket for Haswell processor, a PCI-Express 3.0 x16, mini PCIe slot occupied by a 802.11ac WiFi and Bluetooth 4.0 Intel controller, six Serial ATA ports 6Gb/s (including eSATA), six USB 3.0 ports, four USB 2.0 ports, a DisplayPort output, HDMI output and a DVI Dual Link.

MSI Z87I Gaming AC and GTX 760

MSI GTX 760 Gaming
MSI GTX 760 stands for its other graphics cards based on GPU Nvidia GeForce GTX 760 that is almost exclusive by its shortcut printed circuit. It measures 17 cm, or 30% less than the reference model.

We also found a home cooling system based on the MSI Propeller Blade with a hybrid fan in both radial and axial. The GPU runs between 1006 and 1072 MHz and 2 GB of GDDR5 1502 MHz.

Unfortunately as always with MSI, no price nor launch date are disclosed.