The company Opera Software today announced that it will close all things related to its My Opera portal services and invites users to turn to alternatives.

Alongside its browsers, Opera Software publishes an Internet portal to the user community with a email service, social network, a blog platform or various forums. A reader spotted that the company had finally decided to put an end to these activities grouped within the portal My Opera.

Launched in 2001 and developed in 2006, My Opera will close its doors on March 1, 2014. The portal currently has 15 million members, and the company counts to 7500 new registrants every day. However, the team said on its blog that the management of the service is too cumbersome to maintain and My Opera can compete with existing alternatives.

My Opera Webpage

Following the takeover of FastMail in 2010, Opera had begun work to modernize its interface webmail but development seems to have stagnated since December 2012 (judging by the last ticket issued by the team). Last month, the team FastMail regained its independence.

The team says it will retain its various blogs and the Opera Link service to synchronize favorites, notes or their CSEs. This will be accessible from link.opera.com. For the rest, the company invites users to upload their data (notes, photos, emails) and migrate to the products of the competition.