Thread: Avast acquires Secure.me to boost Facebook Security for Users

Avast acquires Secure.me to boost Facebook Security for Users

The security software Avast repurchased the sapling "Secure.me" offering protection tools for users of Facebook.

Launched in November 2011, the company Secure.me has developed a tool to verify the safety of its Facebook profile. Since then, 90 million accounts were scanned for vulnerabilities. On its official team blog announcement was made by the Avast publisher. The amount of the transaction was not disclosed. However the application of Secure.me joins the portfolio of products supplied by Avast.

Secure.me proposes first to sift through each shared contacts to see if they do not contain malware or links to malicious publications websites. The user also has tools to more easily manage privacy options. Secure.me may well send alerts when certain elements of the profile are visible to others or when sensitive information is public.

Within its control panel, Secure.me also offers a set of options to further refine the personal information that third-party applications can access. In addition, the tool reviews all the photos in which the user has been identified in order to avoid compromising shots. Finally, a parent will be able to manage on behalf of their child while learning its latest community interactions.

Re: Avast acquires Secure.me to boost Facebook Security for Users

Secure.me, which was launched in 2009, is a developing technology to protect the confidentiality and security of users on social networks and applications. Avast has existed for over two decades and has approx. tens of millions of users, but the company admitted in a statement that it is now time to adopt the kind of technology that uses Secure.me.