Thread: Microsoft SkyDrive available for Android at Google Play

Microsoft SkyDrive available for Android at Google Play

Microsoft SkyDrive application is now available for Android at Google Play , it is similar to mobile apps for Windows Phone and iOS but its main factor is for providing access to SkyDrive files which are shareable. Sources say that it will work best with Android 4.0 (Ice Cream Sandwich) but that doesn’t mean it won’t work on Android 2.3 and above, it will. Android phone users can simply download and install SkyDrive application, launch it and easily view folders and files in tiled view, list view, etc. Once can easily check out the files and folders that he/she might have uploaded and the ones that are shared.

Using SkyDrive application it will be quite easy to upload pictures and videos from stock Gallery app. Just to explain it in more simpler term, if you create a folder called videos in SkyDrive then you can close SkyDrive application, go to Android's Gallery, select video > Upload > Menu > Share > SkyDrive.

If you want to share any video then you can launch SkyDrive app, go into videos folder and Hold your finger on video icon until you get four icons saying trash, link, download and share at the bottom. Once you get these icons you simply have to tap on share. You will get a popup asking whether you have to make that video viewable only, or viewable and editable.

Still of Microsoft SkyDrive application for instance:

Key features:
    • Provides easy access to your SkyDrive so that you can access documents, photos and other files which might have been stored or shared.
    • Lets your view your recently used documents.
    • Lets you choose multiple photos /videos while uploading them from your phone.
    • Allow you to share your files and send a link in email or in another app.
    • Allow you to open your SkyDrive files from other android applications as well.
    • Lets you manage your files easily with delete and create options.

Re: Microsoft SkyDrive available for Android at Google Play

Thanks for sharing, i haven't tried it out on my android smartphone but i will surely check it out today.Stills of Microsoft SkyDrive application is looking great and it seem it will be quite easy to use it from what you have explained. I have gone through its user review at Google play and many people have appreciated Microsoft for it.