Thread: Nook Simple Touch with Glowlight, Features and Price in India

Nook Simple Touch with Glowlight, Features and Price in India

Nook Simple Touch with Glowlight is world's first E Ink device, it is similar to original Nook Simple Touch except it is Powered by a front-lit screen dubbed GlowLight. GlowLight is different as compared to the back light and is quite easier on eyes. Nook Simple Touch GlowLight technology will cut down battery life to half, which means instead of getting two month battery life you will get one. It is thicker than Kindle Touch but is lighter as compared to Kindle or the Nook Simple Touch. Optional accessories like AC adapter and screen protector has been included in the box this time without any extra cost. Screen protector on top of GlowLight Nook display makes text appear softer and crispier compared to original Nook Simple Touch. One can press and hold "n" button for 3 seconds to turn GlowLight on or off and there is a new option I the main menu for adjusting brightness of the GlowLight. As far as the light work is concerned GlowLight is set of eight LED lights which has been slotted in between bezel and display which gives better soothing effects as compared to the backlight.

It has hardware page-turn button and faster as well as reliable touchscreen. The price of Nook Simple Touch with GlowLight is bit high with $ 139, it is $40 costlier as compared to its last year model. I think that’s worth because with extra $40 one will be getting GlowLight technology, AC adapter and screen protector with the deal. In India it will cost somewhere around 7,700 INR.

Key Features:
    • Ultra-Light and Super Thin
    • Easiest-to-Use 6" Touchscreen
    • Breakthrough E Ink display
    • 25% faster than other eReader
    • Best–Text, ultra-crisp, Gives a feeling of reading paper
    • Battery life of up to 2 months (daily 1 hour of reading)
    • Provides Over 2.5 million books which can be downloaded with it’s w/ built-in Wi-Fi
    • No annoying ads
    • Allows borrowing of books from public library
    • Ultra-Light, Ultra-Portable
    • Personalized Reading Experience

Specifications:
    • Height: 6.5 inches
    • Width: 5.0 inches
    • Depth: 0.47 inches
    • Weight: 7.48 ounces
    • Display: 6-inch touchscreen
    • Resolution: 800x600
    • Built-in Wi-Fi Wireless: Wireless connectivity via Wi-Fi (802.11b/g/n)
    • Memory: 2GB internal memory Expandable up to 32GB using microSD card
    • Connectors: MicroUSB connector
    • Supported File Types: ePub5, PDF
    • Graphic: JPG, GIF, PNG, BMP
    • Battery Life: up to 2 months (daily 1 hour of reading), rechargeable battery, can be charged via USB to a computer
    • In the Box: NOOK Simple Touch, microUSB Cable, Quick Start Guide, Rechargeable battery (installed)

Pros:
    • GlowLight technology
    • Ergonomically designed
    • Light weight
    • Expandable memory

Cons:
    • No audio
    • Less battery life
    • A bit expensive

Re: Nook Simple Touch with Glowlight , Features and Price in India

Yeah it’s costly but even I think that it is worth getting as they have included ac adapter and screen protector in the box and not the least Glow light Technology. I am not that satisfied with its battery life. You have mentioned “Battery life of up to 2 months (daily 1 hour of reading)”, I don’t think that a normal reader will use it for just one hour. I think most of the readers use their ebook reader in night on an average of two hours. So considering that their battery lives will last for 10 to 15 days once charged and not more than that.