Thread: Mozilla Firefox 11 now available for download

Mozilla Firefox 11 now available for download

It’s just over a month since we had reported the official release of Firefox 10. Now we have come with another news of Firefox 11 releasing much before the official release date. The latest version 11 is now available for download. However the official release date for Firefox 11 is 13th of March, 2012. Mozilla is releasing some rapid updates for their browsers so we would get to see some changes but here are some major changes done in the version 11.

The Firefox 11 will allow you to import settings from the chrome browser. One more feature is that if you are using the Firefox browser in the different pcs or machines then you can synchronizing the add-ons. So you don’t have to sit and install separate add-ons for different machines. The new updated browser will have the support of protocol SPDY which will help you load the pages much faster.

You won’t get this update with the auto update feature in the browser. If you want this version11 then you will have to manually download it. With the release of the version 11, the version 12 which is going to be released on 24th April will be switched to the beta channel and version 13 to Aurora respectively.

Re: Mozilla Firefox 11 now available for download

It is good to hear that Firefox 11 is in a rapid update process. I never seen any browser which is updating real fast like Firefox. I hope that new update surely include some bug fixes and advance features. But i have heard that new form of developer Tools included in this version.

Can anyone elaborate about it a bit?

How it is differ from latest Internet Explorer?

Great to hear that..But, I'm using Firefox now and I think it's the Beta version of 11.01 and on a daily basis it's updating. So, doesn't that mean am already using version 11

Also, I do heard that version 11 has many features like Addis mentioned. Even am waiting eagerly to see for the changes..

Quote Originally Posted by bond19 View Post
    Great to hear that..But, I'm using Firefox now and I think it's the Beta version of 11.01 and on a daily basis it's updating. So, doesn't that mean am already using version 11
    Hi, bond19 there is a difference between using the beta version and the full version. The news that i have made is of the full version and not the beta version. Also read the last 2 lines of this news very carefully.

rodent55 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by The#Gaelic View Post
    It is good to hear that Firefox 11 is in a rapid update process. I never seen any browser which is updating real fast like Firefox. I hope that new update surely include some bug fixes and advance features. But i have heard that new form of developer Tools included in this version.

Can anyone elaborate about it a bit?

How it is differ from latest Internet Explorer?
    Hi I've just installed the updated version from ver 9 to 11.0.0
    all looked fine until i checked my ramdisk which i was using for the firefox Cache, surprise surprise it's not being sent to it!, looked in about:config and my setting was correct browser.cache.disk.parent_directory,
    Z:\Temp\Firefox_Temporary_Cache, i reset but still the path does not work nothing is being cached on ramdisk,
    replaced my system with Acronis thank Heavens i had a backup!
    everything's working again don't know why they pump out these updated versions before checking for these Bugs' oh' and alot of addons no longer work with this version so be warned! .