Thread: Blackberry services still down, millions of users affected

Blackberry services still down, millions of users affected

Blackberry services which was down from the past 3 days continues to be down today as well, Users in Europe, the Middle East, Africa and India suffered irregular email service and no access to the browsing service and messaging as well, now it will prove to be a big blow for the RIM since they are already losing their competition for Samsung and Apple in the worldwide market.

The main cause of the issue is said to be a core switch failure within RIM's infrastructure. So a lot of backlog of data was generated and hence the officials are trying their best to get out of it.

“We are taking this very seriously and have people around the world working around the clock to address this situation,” a RIM official said. “We believe we understand why this happened and we are working to restore normal service levels in all markets as quickly as we can.” So hopes are still on that the services will be restored as soon as possible.

Increasingly frustrated users tweeted their irritation on Wednesday, while RIM's own official Twitter feed was last updated on Tuesday night, saying problems were being resolved and it was sorry for the inconvenience.

Re: Blackberry services still down, millions of users affected

Yes this has really affected me a lot and i don't know when the service will be restored again, i am trying to send some mails from past few days. It is not getting delivered at all and the worst of them all it is the BBM which is really affecting me a lot.

I am hoping that it does get restored as soon as possible otherwise i would be switching to some different carrier for sure, this is height of patience.