Thread: Lenovo ThinkPad X1 Ultra-Portable Laptop Launched

Lenovo ThinkPad X1 Ultra-Portable Laptop Launched

Lenovo has announced the launch of the "ThinkPad X1", a new ultra-portable computer "slimmer and more efficient than the competition". The Chinese manufacturer targeted it naturally without naming the 13-inch MacBook Air from Apple, giving it a hard time!

The "Lenovo ThinkPad X1" responds effectively to the MacBook Air, as the X300 in its time responding to the first ultra-portable from Apple, in turn bringing its share of differentiating elements.

The technical details of a conventional notebook

The "X1" has to start with a conventional processor that is of last generation despite an identical thickness of 17 mm.

It houses an Intel Core actually i3-2310M (2.1 GHz dual-core and 3 MB cache) or i5-2520M (dual-core 2.5 to 3.2 GHz and 3 MB cache) depending on the model, 4 to 8 GB of DDR3 RAM, an Intel GPU HD 3000 graphics and a hard disk of 320 GB at 7200 rpm or 160 GB SSD.

The MacBook Air should adopt this architecture same as that of Intel's Sandy Bridge, but it will stick anyway to a model with ultra low voltage.

Heavier but also more resistant

The laptop is in consideration at both significantly heavier and less independent than its rival, since accusing 1.71 kg on the scales, against 1.32 kg, and offer less autonomy in practice after the first tests.

It is however a credit to the reputation of strong ThinkPad family, the keyboard with a flow of water resistant, chassis Rollcage magnesium and carbon fiber resistant to falls and a WXGA (1366 x 768 pixels) 13.3 inch glass covered with a Corning Gorilla Glass. This screen is entitled to an IPS panel and surmounted by a webcam 720p and a pair of noise canceling microphone.

Full connectivity

It also enjoys full connectivity, including USB 3.0 and two USB 2.0 ports, one eSATA Combo, Mini DisplayPort output and HDMI 1.4, Wi-Fi N, Bluetooth 3.0 and an optional 3G modem.

Lenovo now has corrected the insane price that he contacted this morning, and which corresponded in fact to all model options. The Lenovo ThinkPad X1 is sold from 1250 euros HT, 1500 euros TTC, which makes it competitive, especially against rival appointed.

Re: Lenovo ThinkPad X1 Ultra-Portable Laptop Launched

I find the Lenovo laptop pretty ugly and it also has poor quality. All my clients provided by Lenovo have met multiple hardware problems. It's really a brand! At that price go to Sony or Apple. They are just as strong and powerful, dont anyone think so. By cons I am disappointed because the Enter key is not blue.