Thread: Tetris celebrates 25 years

Tetris celebrates 25 years

Who has not played Tetris since the console or mobile phone? The game celebrates its twenty-five years and is still one of the hobby more popular. Alexey Pajitnov, Russian researcher in artificial intelligence and passion for puzzles is 29 years old when he developed this little program to embed several geometric shapes fall from the sky into one another.

The program was not very complicated," says Pajitnov, "there was no system of scores, or levels. But I started playing and I could not stop. Since then, more than 70 million copies of the game that have been marketed around the world.

Interviewed by The Guardian, Henk Rogers, a Dutch game publisher remembers discovered Tetris on the CES show in January 1988: "Seeing this game, my first impression was that it was too simple. Then I came back and I played again. Soon I realized that something was going on. No game had all my attention on a show. " The two parties signed a distribution agreement. Nintendo then entered the race and handed the game on its first Game Boy. According to Alexey Pajitnov, it really marked the beginning of the success of Tetris.

Winning in the Guinness Book of World Records, Tetris is also used by some scientists as a very serious remedy against post-traumatic stress!
    "Frankly, I think the most classic games that were written in the 80s or early 90s died simply because their authors do not care," says Pajitnov, "they are still coveted by some people in particular boom of arcade games.

Re: Tetris celebrates 25 years

Tetris is an old and widely played game. I never found similar games like Tetris and Mario so popular with just an easy interface. This games are an direct competition to the high end graphic games. Mostly this are well enjoyed by kids and even all age group users. But today the scenario is entirely different where you get much broader options for playing games including software and hardware.