Thread: Reformat without disks

Reformat without disks

I have somehow lost the install disks for Microsoft Office 2007 and also Windows Vista. The hard drive that I am having is completely full and I think that I have done some mistake when I installed Vista the very first time. Therefore I want to completely reformat the hard drive. I have already backed up all the files on different hard drive and I just want to clean install Vista Operating System. But if I dont have the CD then how can I install the OS, so what am I suppose to do now. Please help

Re: Reformat without disks

You can try to replace Lost, Broken, or Missing Microsoft Software or Hardware by calling on the microsoft's Contact Centre from here - http://support.microsoft.com/contactus/?ln=en-gb. There may be a fee for the replacement, the representative whom you speak with can inform you of all specific costs. If a product is no longer in warranty, the replacement may not be available. For more information, go to this link - http://support.microsoft.com/kb/326246/en-gb

You can try to format the drive without using the OS disks, but you will not be able to install anything without the disk. So, you will need to prove purchase of the disks to microsoft and then you can get the replacements from them. Also you will get the retail disks only and not the disks supplied with you computer. You can also try to buy and install a second hard drive and then clean the current drive and then install the Operating system from the disks without any problems.