Thread: Re-Install Windows Vista without format

Re-Install Windows Vista without format

Guys i wanted to know if it is possible to reinstall Windows vista without formatting my hard drive? Actually my system is running quite slow now a days and i was thinking of reformatting it but my friends said that i will loose all the data if i do so. So before starting the reformatting process i thought of clearing it from you all.

Re: Re-Install Windows Vista without format

I don't think that's possible, actually i have been using windows xp and it is possible to reinstall it without affecting the files stored in other drives. I don't have much idea about windows vista but while checking regarding your query i came across below article:
    Installing and reinstalling Windows Vista
    You can refer to same and check out if you are getting any help form that.

I hate these ancient unanswered threads! They always come up in google search just to annoy me that there is no answer! :(
    Either delete it or post some usefull info because some people may still need it...

See if you are having single partition in your system then you will loose all data if you reinstall Windows Vista. If you have two partition for eg c and d, where you have install windows vista in c partition and you are having your data in d partition then data in your d partition can remain secure. You will just loose application and software that you might have installed in c drive but if you are having them backed up then you can reinstall then after installation of vista. IF you are having single partition then a better idea will be upgrading vista rather than reinstalling, you wont loose any data if you choose updating trick. Just Google out "How to install windows vista without deleting your files or formating the hard drive " and check out the video on YouTube, if you find it satisfying then you can try it out without any doubt.