Thread: No exe file is working properly in Windows Vista

No exe file is working properly in Windows Vista

I got Windows Vista pre-installed on my Acer laptop. It is just a new system purchased last week. I am trying to install Winrar on it. When I run I got a message on screen that this .exe file is not working properly. Everytime when I double click on Winrar settings I am getting the message. How to fix this.

Try to run system restore. The bug might be in the system. It is a common issue there is nothing to worry much. You can run system restore and it would be fixed. But if the problem still persist better arrange a new setup of Winrar. You can download the same from web. Also one more thing, when you are installing it right click on the setup file and choose run as > administrator.

re: No exe file is working properly in Windows Vista

I too am having this problem. I have seen several posts on several different forums, none with an answer. I am running Vista Home Basic on a Dell Inspirion. On Monday 12/28/08, the computer began acting strange, resulting in my attempting to download several updates and programs, none of which would install. I have reinstalled using the factory restore setting, and completely reformated using the installation DVD, however the problem still remains. Additionally, my laptop which is running Win 98 also began showing the exact same symptoms: intermittent connection problems, Acrobat Reader not working, AVG 7.5 not working, will not run any downloaded programs. All downloaded programs give different error messages, but several say the file is corrupt. This continues AFTER reformatting both computers. Originally I thought perhaps I had a virus, but a Kapersky scan showed no problems. That is the only program I have been able to run successfully. The only thing the two computer have in common is my cable modem and wireless router. So is the modem or router possibly corrupting the files somehow?

I got my new laptop yesterday and I seem to have exactly the same problem. Has anyone found a solution? It's really frustrating!

Yes system restore can fix the problem. This type of things appear when the setup files is not proper or if you are trying to run the setup on a limited account. You can try running a entire system recovery and ensure that it works well or not. The laptop that you had bought will have hidden recovery partition. You can restore that. It is the easiest way. As this a completely new laptop so there would be enough space available in the same.

In my case the problem turned out to be an issue with my ISP. I found this out only after reformatting both my desktop and laptop and five days of intense frustration! Thus my advice is to first contact your ISP and see if they are aware of any download issues in your area (mine was and was "working on the problem").

.exe not working in windows vista

then here is a simple solution to the problems:-
    1. exe not in a executable form.
    2. exe not working.
    3. u cant even open a regedit to edit the setting to get it work.
    4. exe file showing dialog box of " choose among the following programs to open"
    5. exe changed to various forms as rar format, or excel format etc.

then the solution to all this problem is:
    just create A NEW USER ACCOUNT WITH THE SAME PRIVILLAGES AS ADMINISTRATOR.
    when done, just backup your previous files from the old account and delete the account.

the post from darshanjeet singh..

it works for me good, and i hope same for u..
    regards..