Thread: Vista Ultimate Raid to Non-Raid

Vista Ultimate Raid to Non-Raid

I was thinking to be able to make a backup of Vista System on a Raid 0 array and copy it back to a non-raid disk by using the standalone Acronis True Image disk. But I dont know why Vista is not booting properly and Vista boot disk Repair Option will stuck for about some minutes and then wont fix the problem. I have done this thing on a Windows XP system without any issues. Is there anyone who can tell me how to get a Raid 0 version of Vista transferred to a non Raid disk using all the same hardware? Thanks for any information.

Re: Vista Ultimate Raid to Non-Raid

Even I am facing similar issue with other backup software like Paragon, Genie-Backup, etc. While researching for some solutions I found out that it will not work with Intel Matrix Storage integrated which might be integrated on the motherboard but it was supposed to work with external Raid or separate Raid cards.

I think that you might have created an Image and then you made the appropriate adjustments to the bios to disable the raid and then perhaps disconnected the other hard drives before re-imaging the system, isnt it?

If you dont want what is on the drive, then follow the below steps:

1. First of all you need to enter the bios and set it to raid and then save settings and restart
    2. After that enter the intel raid setup. I think you have to press ctrl>I and then delete the raid array
    3. Now you have to reboot and enter the bios. Here try to set the sata controller to either ahci or native ide and dont set it to raid.
    4. After that set the boot order to CD as first boot device. Save settings and restart with your windows disk in the CD/DVD drive.
    5. Now try to clean install windows on one drive and use the second drive as a backup to store backup files, image files, etc.