Thread: Viewing Dish Network on Vista Media Center

Viewing Dish Network on Vista Media Center

I am running Windows Vista on a Dell XPS machine that has a dual tv tuner, 2gb ram and also hooked up with a coax system. At the time I was having cable, then I was able to view and record regularly from cable channels without any issues. But after removing it we got the new Dish Network. This dish receiver has a dual tuner dish 322 and then second tuner outputs a signal to the coax system and it is also able to be pircked up on any attached TV, with the tuner set to some random channel 60. But on the Dell system I am not able to get the TV tuner to pick up the channel 60 signal. So can anyone tell a way to configure Media Center to pick up channel 60? Thanks for any ideas.

I had a conversation on the phone for this Dish problem. I think that media center has some kind of issues using the new receiver's with two TV capibility from one box. When I am running the coax into the video card and also the Media center, I was getting a blue screen because channel three is not valid for the Dish video feed into the second TV. The Dish remote control that I was having was setup for channel 73, so if you manually go to the channel, using your media center remote, then you dish remote is set for, channel 73 which was in my case. Also Dish says that the second TV remote wont go lower than channel 21, so it seems that we are stuck with manually configuring Media center's default channel to Dish's default remote's channel and this will work but everytime the Media Center needs to be closed and restarted. Untill there is some good workaround for this problem, I guess we will need to use this method until then.

There is a small desktop circular Remote Sensor that has 2 enfs if you can check the remote control handheld that came with PC. On the one end there is USB to the PC and on the other end there is a self adhesive small device that covers the DISH remote sensor on the front of the panel. You can try to cover the Dish remote red light sensor with this small device for Pc to read the dish receiver.