Thread: HDMI sound problem

HDMI sound problem

I have recently upgraded to Windows Vista from Windows Media centre and after the installation was finished I am not able to get any sound on my TV via the HDMI cable. I am able to hear the sound on the speaker outputs. I have also checked that all the drivers are properly installed in my system. Any ideas?

RE: HDMI sound problem

Even I am facing similar kind of issues with my Vista system, am not able to get sound working on the TV. Please help us

Re: HDMI sound problem

You just need to connec the cable and get the picture coming via the TV and then right click on the sound settings in the quick launch area which will be at the right side corner at the bottom. After that click on Playback Devices and then you will get an option for "SPDIF Interface". You dont really need another audio cable since the SPDIF Volume control will also operate HDMI functions. Left click on it and then next to properties click on Set Default. Now close your music program or anything that is actively sending sound and then restart the music program and you will get the sound from the TV without any problems.

RE: HDMI sound problem

VGA, DVI, and component video cables do not support audio signals. HDMI cables do support audio signals, but not all HDMI-enabled video cards support audio. If your HDTV has an audio input, you might be able to connect a separate audio cable from your computer's sound card directly to the TV. Otherwise, you'll need to connect the audio signal to a different output device, such as external computer speakers or your home stereo system. For more information visit this site - http://windows.microsoft.com/is-IS/w...sked-questions