Thread: Downgrade Vista Home Premium to XP Home Edition

Downgrade Vista Home Premium to XP Home Edition

I was using Windows XP Home edition on my system. I later on bought a Vista Home Premium upgrade disk. I preformed the upgrade, but Vista is not working fine. My audio is not working at all and there is some issue with performance also. I do not know the way to get back on Windows XP. I need some help here. I want to know that does it is possible to get back on Windows XP using this upgrade disc. Is there any way to do that. Thanks.

No this is not possible. The upgrade disk is one way route. To downgrade you will need to search your old Windows XP Home Edition installation disc and format your computer. You have to install all the drivers and software from scratch. That is the only way available. It is recommended that you must get a backup your system first and then go for the installation.

I do not think there is any option available to rollback old changes. Once you had upgraded your new OS is installed. I had seen tons of similar discussion where people had asked help to get back on their old system. But there is on other option. The upgrade disc has not settings available for the same. You have to format your system from scratch and then start installing all stuff one by one. That is the reason it is always recommended that you keep a recovery disc ready with you. It helps you more to restore your system quiet efficiently.

You had lost your xp. And a OS is not like a application that can removed or restore easily. Whatever you have to do is to be done from scratch. If you are facing problem with drivers only then it is recommended that you must try to locate Vista compatible drivers for your system. If you system is not too old I am sure you will find it.