Thread: When I start my computer I get an "array index error"

When I start my computer I get an "array index error"

I got a new Sony VAIO computer. It is a completely new just purchased some couple of days before. Now there is some issue with the laptop. I am not able to find the right one. At the start I am getting a array index error on the screen. Everytime all of my settings are lost when I boot the system. I have to create a new user profile again and again. It does not records anything. All my bookmarks, and settings are wiped out. It looks Vista is not able ot preserve my desktop. Is there any way to fix it. Thanks.

The problem is profile corruption. Your user profile is not recorded or does not saves properly. You must run a recovery of entire system. There is a option available in every new laptop. You can restore it through recovery partition and it might wipe out the issue.

Try to boot your system in safe mode. Then run system restore and check back. There can be some internal system files which are not proper and causing the failure. You can find more detail on the error inside Control Panel > Event Viewer. You can find the associated file or application which is causing the failure.