Thread: HP system recovery

HP system recovery

There is something wrong with HP system recovery backup program called RestoreWix, When i try to run it then it redirects me to recovery manager but i am not getting an option to point it to my external hard drive when it says "Please insert the latest disk and continue the restore wizard." I am not sure if i am missing anything, i am using this backup program for the first time but i am quite aware of its process. Anyways is there anyone who have used it or has an idea to fix this?

Re: HP system recovery

I am not sure but i think that you might not be allowed to use your external hard drive for saving your backup .As far as i am aware RestoreWix wizard searches for all locations which can be used for saving backup and display them when it asks "Please insert the latest disk and continue the restore wizard." If you want then you can format your external hard drive as NTFS, FAT, or Universal Disk Format and check out if it is getting available as an option after that. NTFS, FAT, or UDF file systems are recommended for saving backup in external hard drive and usb's but it varies for different systems.

Re: HP system recovery

This is a pretty old post, yet perhaps relevent because now these HP systems are getting older. I'm having the same problem, yes! After all these 4 years the same cruddy software is out there, with no updates from HP. Spend 2 hrs online chat with HP and they couldn't get it thru their heads that I was NOT using Windows Backup! Very frustrating.

Adam Albright, in your suggestion of Mar 23, 2007, you just about listed every type of backup device available, that won't work. There isn't anything left! Floppies? :)

Anyone out there know how the problem outlined by Chris Cook? Yes, tried running as Admin.

Thanks!