Thread: "not enough storage is available to process this command" stops in

"not enough storage is available to process this command" stops in

I am trying to install the Microsoft Common Controller driver for Xbox 360 but it will not install and give me error message that there is not enough storage even though there are plenty of free space available on my computer which is about 90+ gb or so. Can anyone tell me how do I solve this issue. Thanks for any solutions.

Re: "not enough storage is available to process this command" stops in

Even I am facing similar issue, I am just trying to install Windows Installer on my computer and it is just a 3mb file software. If I am trying to install then then an error message comes up that says me that I dont have enough storage on my computer to process the installation. But I have lots of space on my computer.

"not enough storage is available to process this command" stops in

Try to right click on the setup.exe file and then see if that is able to work or the software is installing properly on your computer.

Every alternate days or so one of our servers quits responding to RDP requests and cannot be logged into the domain. I get this error message first...
    Event Type: Error
    Event Source: Userenv
    Event Category: None
    Event ID: 1053
    Date: 7/8/2008
    Time: 7:02:50 AM
    User: NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM
    Computer: [Servername]
    Description:
    Windows cannot determine the user or computer name. (Not enough storage is available to complete this operation. ). Group Policy processing aborted.

Please help me.

Re: not enough storage is available to process this command

Do one of the following, then retry the command: (1) reduce the number of running programs; (2) remove unwanted files from the disk the paging file is on and restart the system; (3) check the paging file disk for an I/O error; or (4) install additional memory in your system.

Re: not enough storage is available to process this command

read up the ms article here: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/225782

actually nullsessionpipes key is helpful if you want an application that is started using the system account, it logs on with null credentials.
    so u can add the applications there and some entries are automatically added.

The cause of these errors is the result of too much data stored in the following key in the registry.

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\CurrentControlSet\Services\LanmanServer \Parameters\NullSessionPipes

NOTE: The above registry key is one path; it has been wrapped for readability.

The Server service queries the registry value above for its entries. The buffer for the amount of information that the Server service can accept when it queries is approximately 32 KB. If there are more than 32 KB in that entry, the Server service will fail to start and return the error "More data is available," or "Not enough storage is available."
    RESOLUTION
    The solution is to remove any unnecessary entries from this value in the registry, or apply (or reapply) the latest Windows NT Service pack.
    With great power comes great responsibility - Spiderman's Uncle

The Greatest Sig Ever