Thread: Unattended installation & local accounts

Unattended installation & local accounts

I am trying to deploy Vista unattended via WDS and creating the answer file with the Windows SIM. Everything seems to be working well, but I am not able to find the component to not prompt to create a local account. Some of the part of my answer file has it auto join to the domain that I am using and the enable Administrator account. I dont want to create any local accounts because end users might be logging into the domain. So can anyone help me out please. Thanks

Re: Unattended installation & local accounts

What I normally do is I first create an account called "abc" and then delete this same "abc" account from control panel, users, etc and then say "Yes" as well to also delete all profile information for that account and then use Regedit to search for "abc" and replace it with username. Vista normally will use that new account name as the "registered owner" name and therfore the regedit phase is required.

Re: Unattended installation & local accounts

I have found a way to get this working so if anybody is interested then they can use similar ways as well. First of all what I do is have the answer file create a local account and then used the FirstLogonCommands to do a "net user tempaccount /delete" to remove that account and it worked flawlessly for me without any problems.

Even I need to some with my answer file because I am unable to get it to work properly. If I boot Windows Vista then it will ask the local and keyboard settings and after that the credentials to install vista, so does anyone have any solution for this issue?If you have the XML file with you then could you please share it with us. Thanks